So I have been told I don’t nature well… this is not far from truth but… over the years in which I have ventured out into the big bad forest I have picked up a few tips and tricks in my excursions that I figured why not share with you ladies who don’t nature well as well? I mean its the least I can for those of you beauty mavens crazy enough to want to venture out there like I do too.
This month I adopted the everyday makeup routine finally!!! I kept things simple and sweet and it made a huge difference in mainstreaming my morning routine what used t take me upwards of thirty minutes (more like an hour) now only boils down to a nice 15 minutes of time. With this being said this months beauty favorites flows suite in that it is very simple and short in a number of things I will be featuring. When I switched up my daily look and morning routine I rediscovered that I loved shopping my own stash and it really helped me find some new loves.
Happy New Month!! Is it m or did November fly by quickly? I feel like just yesterday I was celebrating te start of Autumn… and now I’m prepping my tree and wrapping gifts. I have favorites video for you today and I can’t wait to share some of the things I have been loving lately since I haven’t done favorites in a while so sit back relax and enjoy.
Have your every heard a ton of people talking about something and your like ‘Ummm what the heck is all the hype about ?’. That’s how I felt about Morphe the brand, it seems like they are everywhere lately. I first heard about the company when their 35O Palette hit the scene and caused an uproar and then when I heard the started a brush subscription I was highly intrigued. Cut to last month when they relaunched their Elite Collection and I just had to get my hands on some goodies. Continue reading
First Lets Start with some background about the Influenster Company.
Who They Are?
Influenster is a free-to-join community of invited trendsetters who live to give opinions of products and experiences. Influenster creates links between brands and members to reward participation and influence future products. As a member, you prove your influence by gaining Expert Badges and show how you live by earning Lifestyle Badges…both of which are won in a variety of ways, such as: completing surveys, writing reviews, creating videos, and engaging in other social media.
Here’s whats in the Voxbox:
- Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes: these lashes are very soft and super comfortable to wear I would compare them to minks at a more affordable price. A Must Try in my opinion.
- Sinful Colors: This color in No Text Red is my favorite go to right now the red is a stand out shade and looks good on every skin tone that I’ve seen it worn with.
- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Shade #315: This is fast becoming my go to foundation on my “no make-up” days. I love to wear it on my get ready quick mornings because it sets so quickly and doesn’t need a lot of working in to get a flawless finish.
- Pilot FriXion: I commend the genius that thought to create the erasable pen. I how smooth it writes and it doesn’t do that smearing thing when u use the eraser like most erasable pens do.
- Softlips Cube: The cube is a bit inconvenient for on the go but it works so well and the formula is rich and keeps your lips moisturized. I think this is going to be a go to item for me this winter.
- Playtex Sport Fresh Balance: It is pretty easy to say these are a must have for every woman and they are so great for girls who exercise and love to live life on the go.
- Air Heads Bites: I’m not really a candy person so I had to give this away to a friend and she loved it and ended up buying more.
All in all I would give this box a 8 out of 10 the items were all pretty amazing.
Hello Loves… Sorry for the hiatus I had to get some things in order for the next couple months. but I’ll save that exciting news for the next post…
So if you don’t live under a rock somewhere then you know that tomorrow is Halloween and while I an not really big on the holiday I do have a friend who is really into it and when I asked to borrow her adorable face for a Halloween themed post she happily agreed (its great to have supportive friends) to help me inspire you with an easily last minute costume idea. So without further ado lets get to it shall we?
For this costume we decided to go with Medusa.
If you don’t know who she is Medusa is a Greek woman cursed by Athena for falling in love with Poseidon.
She was turned into a hideous woman with hair turned into snakes.
I feel that Medusa gets a bad wrap because in media because they often forget she was once a beautiful woman who was cursed for following her heart, so we decided to go the soft and beautiful side.
Here’s how to get the look:
To get the look of the scales we took some old fishnet stocking and stretched them out over the skin and stippled the different shades of eyeshadow on to create dimension. Then apply a deep shadow on the lids to create depth and smoke it out with a slightly darker shade. On the lips you can go dar with a shade like Cyber or you can soften the look with a nude like like taupe. (For a look like this I say go big or go home.)
To complete the look throw on a few snakes and grab a gown that will unleash your inner goddess. and Voila! you are Medusa the beauty within the beast.
Thats all folks hope you like the tutorial.
Special thanks to Zandy for her help with this post.
Told you she’s adorable right?? Now you see she’s not all grim and dark. She’s the sweetest thing you’ll ever meet and super nice always a joy to be around plus she brought me pumpkin cupcakes so you know she’s got me hook-line-and sinker haha 🙂
Be sure to stop bye her Instagram to say thanks from me : Zandahlee
What are you going as for Halloween this year??